Made in the Instant Pot in 15 Minutes!
Now that I’m getting used to my new Instant Pot, I’m starting to get used to the idea that you really can’t have too many easy go-to recipes like this BBQ Shredded Chicken in your back pocket!
I’ll be loading more as I go but I knew I had to get this one up asap! So simple but so versatile, this BBQ Shredded Chicken has so many uses, and not just a one meal deal. You could easily use it for one dish for the fam or multiple depending on what you use it for! Or…use some and freeze the rest. BOOM, Instant Pot saves lives people, seriously!
I’m giving you a tip on how you can make this recipe even quicker (though it really doesn’t take long to start) but if you’re feeling something a little more than you’re regular store bought BBQ sauce, I highly recommend you try this recipe with the Cherry Chipotle BBQ Sauce from a recent post I used with chicken wings. So simple to make and SO worth the extra work, I promise!
Ideas for Using this BBQ Shredded Chicken
- In tacos, with some soft or hard shells, fresh greens, avocado and cilantro
- On top of pizza, with your favourite toppings (I’d suggest some pineapple!)
- In wraps for lunches
- In a quesadilla with cheese, peppers and salsa
- Along side a salad with fresh veggies and perhaps a creamy ranch dressing
Time Saving Tip!
Make this recipe even quicker by skipping the Saute portion all together. I like to saute the chicken to lock in the spices but it’s not necessary if you’re in a rush! Simply add all of the ingredients (aside form the reserved 1/2 Cup of BBQ Sauce) and set the Instant Pot to the Manual 9 Minutes Cook time, allowing the pressure to release afterwards before pressing the release valve.
Easy Instant Pot Shredded BBQ Chicken
Shredded BBQ Chicken made in the Instant Pot with minimal ingredients! Great for tacos, in wraps or salads.
- Cook Time: 15 Mins
- Total Time: 15 Mins
- 3 Medium/Large Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp of Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp of Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp of Salt
- 1/4 Tsp of Black Pepper
- 1 Cup of BBQ Sauce + 1/2 Cup Reserved
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- Add oil to Instant Pot and set to Saute function on Medium
- Season chicken on both sides with seasonings
- Once Saute setting is ‘Hot’ add chicken breasts
- Allow to cook for 3 minutes on each side and cancel Saute setting
- Add water and 1 Cup of BBQ Sauce (reserving the remaining 1/2 Cup)
- Set Instant Pot to Manual Pressure Cook for 9 Minutes on High and start, once complete, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, press pressure release valve to release any remaining steam
- Carefully open Instant Pot and transfer chicken to a bowl, add remains 1/2 Cup of BBQ sauce and use two forks to shred chicken
*Always refer to Users Manual when operating Pressure Cooker
*Make this recipe quicker by skipping the Saute portion – Just add all ingredient (minus remaining BBQ Sauce) and set straight to Pressure Cook setting