Easter Dish! Serve as a side dish or Brunch option!
Still thinking about what to bring to the table for that holiday dinner this Easter long weekend? Or maybe you’re brunching with friends?
I’ve got you covered! This spin on a nicoise salad will go great as a side dish to any meal you’re serving up or even as brunch on it’s own. Light but satiating with hearty roasted potatoes and radishes. Let me tell you, if you haven’t tried roasting your radishes yet, you’re not living my friend! It adds such a different taste to the radish and completely removes that sometimes harsh punch of spice that I think makes people avoid them. The dressing is so easy to make with very minimal ingredients and goes perfectly with this salad.
I went all out and dyed my eggs naturally overnight with some beet juice for that vibrant redish purple colour and some tamari and water for the beige. Don’t let that scare you off though, straight up hard boiled eggs go just fine with this too but I encourage you to try it out! Wow your guests, and maybe even get your kids to eat their salad!
Wishing you a wonderful long weekend and Easter Holiday!
Roasted Vegetable Nicoise Salad
Healthy Nicoise inspired salad, packed with roasted veggies and and a tangy lemon dijon dressing. Prefect for a Easter dinner side dish or brunch over the long weekend!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4-6
- 2 Bags of Green Beans washed
- 1 Small Bag of Radishes washed and halved
- 1 Small Bag (1lb approx) of Multicoloured Baby Potatoes – washed and cut with cross hatches (optional)
- 2 Tbsp of Oil (I used Avocado Oil)
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Dill
- 2 Tbsp of Capers
- 1/4 Cup of Kalamata Olives
- 1 Tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 1/3 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp of Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp of Honey
- 1 Tsp of Lemon Zest
- S&P to Taste
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Coat potatoes, radishes, and green beans with oil and season with salt, pepper and granulated garlic and place on baking sheet for approx 45 minutes. Removing the green beans and radishes roughly 20 in between or until cooked but still crisp and allow the potatoes to crisp for remaining time
- In a medium pot, add water and eggs and boil for 12 minutes until eggs are hard boiled. Remove and run under cold water and peel and quarter
- In a small bowl, add together dressing ingredients and whisk
- Plate vegetables, eggs and add kalamata olives, capers and sprinkle with dill
- Drizzle dressing over top or serve on the side!
*I soaked my peeled boiled eggs overnight in beet juice (for the red) and Tamari with some water (for brown) but it’s completely optional!