Only 5 Ingredients!
These Pesto Turkey Meatballs might only be made with 5 ingredients, but they are nothing short on flavour! Perfect proof that the right combination of a few ingredients can give you big return on flavour that will go great however you chose to serve them, the options are endless!
Can you ever really have too many meatball recipes? I’ll tell you the answer is a firm NO. There are in my opinion the perfect way to enjoy protein. Easy, affordable, compact, easy to store, make ahead, freezable, endless flavour combinations, and the perfect vessel for whatever saucy goodness you want to serve them nor with! If you’re a fan of meatballs like me, check out these Instant Pot Vietnamese Meatballs or Turmeric Curry Lamb Meatballs.
I actually made this recipe 3 times before sharing and it had nothing to do with my usual recipe testing, which I prefer to test my recipes 2 times before sharing them. I take pride in what I share with you here, I promise! But these pesto turkey meatballs I swear never lasted long enough for me to even photograph them! The whole fam went crazy for them and I’m sure you will too!
Whether you’re making them for a family meal, or prepping them for a couple meals throughout the week, they fit perfectly into any routine. With 5 ingredients, you most likely already have in your fridge and pantry. I used gluten free breads crumbs for this recipe, not for any particular reason other than that’s what I had on hand, so use what you like but do make sure they are seasoned and if you can’t find season, then I would recommend adding your favourite seasoning in. Salt and pepper or maybe a bit of paprika, but the pesto will add flavour enough too!
How To Eat Your Pesto Turkey Meatballs
The nice thing about these Pesto Turkey Meatballs is they are fine just on their own, or enjoy as a part of pretty much whatever dish you serve them wish, but I’ll offer you a few options for inspiration!
- Served with zoodles or your favourite veggie noodles as shown above
- With a pasta dish, with a little bit of marinara
- As a part of a salad for lunch
- On top of mashed potatoes or mashed sweet potatoes
- You could serve them as a component to a buddha or nourish bowl
- Along with rice and steamed veggies of your choice
- Or even in a sub sandwich!
5 Ingredient Pesto Turkey Meatballs
Pesto Turkey Meatballs made with only 5 ingredients! Quick and easy are go with just about anything you wish to serve them along with!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 15 Meatballs
- 1 Lb Ground Turkey
- 1/2 Cup of Seasoned Bread Crumbs (I had Gluten Free bread crumbs on hand so that’s what I used)
- 1/3 Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Tbsp of Basil Pesto
- 1 Egg
- If you don’t have seasoned bread crumbs you can add some seasoning as well, like salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl add all of the ingredients and using a spatula or your hands, combine well
- Roll mixture into 15 golf ball sized balls and place on baking sheet
- Place the meatballs in the oven to bake for roughly 25 minutes, or until fully cooked. Meatballs will be browned and slightly crisp on the outside.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container in the fridge to use throughout the week!