Antipasto Farro Salad in Easy Individual Serving Cups!
Fourth of July Celebrations are just around the corner and I’ve partnered up with Bob’s Red Mill to bring you the perfect dish to prep for the upcoming holiday! Whether you are entertaining at home or in charge of the salad at the gathering your headed to these Antipasto Farro Salad Cups are sure to be your HERO dish. Healthy whole grains from their Organic Farro, layers on layers of flavour from marinated veggies, cured salami and fresh mozzarella. Healthy and perfectly portioned – no big bowl mess!
How to Make Farro
I followed the Bob’s Red Mill package instructions which were pretty spot on but here’s a breakdown so you know just how easy it is.
- This recipe calls for 1 cup of Bob’s Red Mill Organic Farro 3 Cups of Chicken Stock and a pinch or two of salt
- You can use vegetable stock if you prefer too
- If you’re having a big gathering and you need more than 8 servings, you can double the farro recipe easily, just keep it 1-3. 2 Cups of Farro to 6 Cups of stock
- Depending on what stock you’re using, you may chose to use or forgo the salt. I personally like my grains seasoned and the chicken stock was quite salty to begin with so season to your taste
- Bring the Farro and stock to a low simmer and allow to cook uncovered, stirring occasionally
- You want the farro to be tender but still a tad firm, not completely puffed out and mushy. So if you find it pretty hard and the liquid is almost gone, add more. Or if it’s cooked and there is still liquid remaining, strain and removed extra liquid
- Set aside and allow to cool
Individual Cups of Big Ol' Bowl?
You could do either one for this Farro Salad – I’m not going to call the cops on you or anything for using the big bowl. I just prefer individual servings myself – it’s nice to just grab and enjoy, they seem neat and less messy to me. I used 8 280ml glass cups that look like cute little tin cans, but use what you have and know that depending on the size of your cups, you may want to portion or more or less. Plastic is also handy too if you’re at the beach or serving to lots of kiddos. If you do chose to serve in a big bowl just add the farro and mix into the antipasto mixture to combine altogether!
No problem! Transfer to an air tight container and you don’t even have to bother with meal prep after your long weekend of fun. You’ll have some delicious healthy lunch ready to get that short week over with. I personally think this salad tastes even better after a night in the fridge to marinate those flavours together even more!
Antipasto Farro Salad Cups
Full of healthy filling grains like farro and a flavour packed antipasto mix, these Farro Salad cups are super easy to make and perfect for your Fourth of July celebrations!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 Cups
- 1 Cup of Bob’s Red Mill Organic Farro
- 3 Cups of Chicken Stock
- A pinch or two of sea salt
- 1 Cup of Marinated Mini Mozzarella Balls
- 3/4 Cup of Hard Cured Salami, Cubed
- 3/4 Cup of Marinate Quartered Artichoke Hearts
- 1 Large Roasted Jarred Pepper, Diced (I used Roasted Yellow Pepper but Red is fine too)
- 1/2 Cup of Pitted Kalamata and Green Olives
- 1/3 Cup of Pickled Peperoncini Peppers, Sliced
- 1/2 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- Basil to Garnish
- Cook farro according to the Bob’s Red Mill packaging – Farro, chicken stock and pinch of salt on a low simmer for 30 minutes, until farro is tender but still has a bit of firmness. Drain remaining stock if there is any and set aside to cool
- In a large bowl, add mini mozzarella balls, salami, artichoke hearts, diced roasted pepper, olives, sliced pepperonicinis, and tomatoes and toss gently to combine. The oil and brine from the marinated veggies should coat everything nicely but you could add an extra bit of the marinade if you wish.
- In 8-10 small cups (I used 8 280 ml glasses but plastic are fine too)
- Spoon 2 heaping Tbsp of the farro into the bottom of the glasses and then divide the antipasto mixture to top.
- Garnish with basil and serve, or allow to sit in the fridge until ready to serve!