Made with Seasonal Berries!
I’ve really been looking forward to adding some more baking recipes to the blog and would you know it…the day I decide to get my bake on it’s sunny and 30C.
We’ve had some really beautiful summer like days here already but today we kept all of the windows shut and the blinds closed because we don’t have air conditioning, lol. Luckily I avoided adding to the heat too much by baking this lovely loaf first thing this morning when we got up!
I love that about banana bread. So easy to mix up, most of us have probably made a banana bread at least a couple times in our life time so you pretty much know the ingredients by heart – so easy! Or maybe you’re like me and you’ve decided that today regular banana bread just isn’t going to cut it and you wander off the familiar [recipe] path.
With so many great berries in season right now, I feel like all we’ve been doing is buying and eating berries. Not even mad about it!
BERRIES IN SEASON FOR MAY
All of my favourites! Thanks to this article by Ask The Food Geek on What’s in Season for May.
Our two year old is in his glory right now! I’ve seriously never seen a kid so crazy about berries before. He calls them Baeeess though and eats them by the tub full. Blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, he loves them all. So I figured this bread would appeal to him as well. Always trying to kid approve our meals and snack ideas these days and it did not disappoint.
That good consistency of a traditional banana bread but with sweet, burst in your mouth blueberries, a hint of cinnamon and oats for added texture! Fingers crossed he doesn’t mind that I dipped into his berry stash…
Banana Bread with Blueberry Cinnamon and Oat Topping
A fun and seasonal twist on a classic banana bread!
- Prep Time: 10 Mins
- Cook Time: 75 Mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 1 Cup of Fresh Blueberries
- 3 Large Very Ripe Bananas
- 2 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup of Oat Flakes
- 1 Tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tsp of Cinnamon
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup of Butter (Melted)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a bread pan and set aside
- In a medium bowl, add Bananas and mash with a fork, add egg, vanilla, sugar and melted butter, mix and set aside
- In another medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, 1 tsp of cinnamon (reserve 1/2 tsp for topping)
- Add flour mixture into wet ingredients and mix until well combined
- Pour mixture into greased bread pan and scatter blueberries on top, sprinkle oats and cinnamon
- Place on middle rack and allow to bake for approx 1 Hr 15 Mins, or until golden brown and slightly crisp on the outside.