Made with a Yogurt Base!
Fresh summer blackberries, fresh herbs from the garden and a creamy yogurt base – This Blackberry Basil & Yogurt Chicken Salad should definitely be a part of your next summer picnic plans! Or even just a healthy lunch option for the week!
There is seriously something about this chicken salad! So light and fresh with hints of herbs and crunchy celery and then the burst in your mouth blackberries…I know I encourage you to make all of my recipes but I’m going to press this one. If you make any of my dishes this summer, MAKE THIS ONE!
The yogurt base makes this chicken salad a bit lighter, and though I still used a little mayonnaise for flavour I favour it much more than making the whole base with mayonnaise. If mayo isn’t your jam, feel free to make in completely from yogurt!
I made my chicken in the Instant Pot with some chicken broth and spices because it’s quick and easy and my oven is actually on the fritz at the moment but there are other options as well!
- You could use store bought shredded chicken
- You could use a rotisserie chicken and shred it yourself
- Or grill or cook your chicken in the oven and shred it as well
I’ve really been enjoying all of the fresh fruits and seasonal veggies this summer and pairing them with yogurt I think might be my new obsession. Like the side salad I can’t get enough of this summer. Cucumber and Dill salad, so simple and so delicious.
There’s just something about a yogurt based dish that feels so fresh and care free. Definitely a healthy option to heavier alternatives.
Blackberry Basil Yogurt Chicken Salad
- 4 Cups of Shredded Chicken
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Cups of Chicken Broth
- Season with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chilli powder
- 1 Cup of Thinly Sliced Celery
- 1 Pint of Blackberries Halved
- 3/4 Cup of Plain Yogurt
- 1/3 Cup of Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp of Chopped Fresh Basil
- 2 Tbsp of Chopped Fresh Chives
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- If cooking your chicken in the Instant Pot, season chicken breasts with spices and place in the bottom of the pot with 2 cups of chicken broth. Set function to Pressure Cook for 8 Minutes. Allow function time to complete and pressure to release naturally (approx 10 mins). Remove lid and transfer chicken breasts to a medium sized bowl and pull apart or shred using two forks. Allow to cool *
- Place shredded chicken, celery, yogurt, mayonnaise, chives, basil and salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine and fully coat chicken
- Fold in blackberries being careful not to mash too much
- Serve in a croissant or your favourite wrap!
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days
*Always use your Instant Pot to the manufacturer’s instructions
Like this post? Share with your friends!