Dairy Free, Gluten Free Meal Prep Ideas!
I love meal prepped salads but every now and then you just need something a little more filling for lunch. Pasta always does the trick for me! Though pasta isn’t always the healthiest, especially when you add a heavy sauce and sometimes cheese, though I don’t complain having those dishes time to time too because truth is, I LOVE Alfredo! But it unfortunately doesn’t love me back and the combo of dairy from the Alfredo and gluten in the pasta doesn’t always agree with my stomach.
I find most people avoid making dairy free pasta sauces because they feel they don’t compare and are difficult to make but it’s just not the case! The hardest part about making this sauce, is soaking the cashews and I mean come on, that’s not actually hard, it just takes some planning ahead. Don’t worry if you forget to soak your cashews overnight – just add them to a bowl with some boiling water and soak them for a couple hours.
Though the cashews and the chickpea pasta make this meal a little heavier on the carb side it is a healthier option for those of us that struggle with dairy and gluten. The chickpea pasta is quite high in protein and if my favourite substitute to regular pasta. I feel like the texture and taste is not far off from the original. Plus some crispy kale and roasted tomatoes for extra nutrients and flavour and your co-workers will be trying to steal your jars out of the fridge!
Chickpea Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Cashew Sauce
A healthy pasta dish perfect for meal prep lunches or dinners for the week! Made with gluten free chickpea pasta and a creamy dairy free roasted red pepper sauce, packed with crispy kale and roasted tomatoes.
- Prep Time: 4 Hours
- Cook Time: 20 Mins
- Total Time: 4 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 5 Jars
- 4 Cups of Cooked Gluten Free Chickpea Pasta
- 4 Cups of Kale, stems removed
- 2 Cups of Organic Vine Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add pasta and cook until tender, approx 10-15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375F and line with parchment paper
- Add vine tomatoes and kale to baking sheet, drizzle with olive and season kale and allow to cook for approx 15 mins until tomatoes are blistered and kale is crisp
- Strain cashew and rinse
- In a high speed blender, add cashew and other sauce ingredients and blend on high until fully combined and creamy sauce is form
- Line up jars (if using) and divide sauce between them, then add tomatoes and kale, and finish with pasta
- Season as you wish and add some basil to the top
- Warm when ready to eat!
Sauce will last in the fridge for up to 5 days!