The Perfect Summer Salad!
Rotisserie chicken to the rescue today! I am flat out (aside from scheduling in time for this share) with getting Wrennyn’s hair cut before his birthday tomorrow, figuring out his cake I’m going to make (send prayers), finishing cleaning and picking my dad up from the airport! My head is spinning.
Even being a foodie and food blogger, there is always room for convenience! Well, for this mom anyways. When things get busy salads like this that use store bought rotisserie chickens are a saviour. Especially on hot summer days when you feel less inclined to turn on the stove or oven. I did turn on the grill and took little extra time to grill the corn, which was really an extra 10 minutes while I was already putting together the other ingredients anyway, but feel free to make this even quicker by warming up some frozen corn too!
Rotisserie Chicken Tip
We’re pretty lucky that the grocery store close to our house offers organic, antibiotic free rotisserie chickens. It’s nice to know that you can still be conscious about the food your buying and still benefit from the convenience.
This recipe calls for half a rotisserie chicken, your store may have those available but if you end up buying a whole one here’s a little tip. Shred the whole chicken, and freeze the chicken you aren’t using to pull out for another meal, perhaps another salad, wraps, quesadilla, add it to pasta or you could make some quick and easy fajitas!
Chimichurri is an uncooked sauce that originates from Argentina and Uruguay and comes in a green and red version. It usually always consists of chopped parsley, and other herbs, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic and red pepper flakes. There are many different versions of chimichurri so don’t be afraid to experiment with different herbs. I like to add a little shallot to mine but it’s fine without as well. It has quite a strong taste, which I love (Joel isn’t such a fan). It pairs really well with grilled steak as well as chicken so if you have any leftover, use it for your grilling for the week as well!
Chimichurri Rotisserie Chicken Salad
Perfect for a those hot summer days when you don’t want to use the stove. Rotisserie Chicken Salad with Grilled Corn and Chimuchurri.
- Prep Time: 10 Mins
- Cook Time: 15 Mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 Bowls
- 1 Cup of Cilantro
- 1 Cup of Parsley
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 Small Shallot
- 2 Tbsp of Lime Juice
- 1/2 Tsp of Red Chili Flakes
- 1/2 Tsp of Salt
- 1/4 Tsp of Pepper
- 1/2 Cup of Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Small Head of Romaine (or greens of choice)
- 1 Corn on the Cobb (you can use frozen as well)
- 1/2 Rotisserie Chicken Shredded into bite sized pieces
- 1/3 Cup of Crumbled Feta
- Lime juice to drizzle (optional)
- If using grilled corn, heat bbq and on medium heat, grill corn for approx 10 mins until corn starts to char slightly
- Remove from grill and carefully remove corn from husks with a sharp knife
- In a high speed blender, add all ingredients for chimichurri and blend to fully combine
- In a large bowl add romaine and chicken and drizzle desired amount of chimichurri and toss to coat
- Transfer to two serving bowls and top with corn and crumbled feta and drizzle with lime juice
- Serve with some fresh toasted tortilla or pita (optional)