Quick & Easy to Follow Recipe!
These Easy Halloween Mummy Brownies are going to be your new go-to for easy, fun for everyone Halloween Treats! A simple but super fudge brownie base and cookie icing on top. Ok, they might be more cute than spooky but they definitely won’t last long!
I don’t know if it’s because it’s not too long after Canadian Thanksgiving for us, but Halloween always seems to creep up so fast and I always seem to be left unprepared.
Last being the worst example of all. Joel and I were desperately last minute shopping for costumes for the three of us 2 days before Halloween and most of the good creative ones were already gone. We lucked out with Wrennyn though I must say and found a super cute Wild Thing costume for him, and Joel ended up as an inflatable T-Rex and I was an inflatable Emoji Poop…not pictured ;)
I learnt my lesson after that one. This year even before Thanksgiving I was on it. Treat ideas and Wrennyn’s costume nailed down! These brownies were top of the list, mainly because they were so crazy easy to make. I’ve made these brownies from Cafe Delites before and knew they’d make the perfect base for these Halloween Mummy Brownies! The recipe is so simple and easy to make and makes for delicious fudge brownies, topped with some simple cookie icing and candy eye balls and I mean they are seriously so cute!
Tips for Making These Halloween Mummy Brownies
These Halloween Mummy Brownies can really be as simple as you want, I’m not judging! And if you’re really short on time, you could honestly get away with box brownies but the recipe is really so so easy to follow and make. I also used store bought icing for these brownies but if you have the time, you can make you own as well!
Also, I used an 8×8 pan which made 9 large but thinner brownies. You could use a small baking pan to make thicker brownies if that’s your jam!
The only really big tip I have otherwise but be to mention that you should let the brownies cool completely before icing them so the icing doesn’t get runny. You won’t be able to quite get that mummy wrapped look!
Easy Halloween Mummy Brownies
If you’re short on time but still want a super fun Halloween treat to share with the kids, or even just for yourself these easy Halloween Mummy Brownies are just the treat for you! Original brownie recipe adapted from Cafe Delites Best Fudgy Cocoa Brownies Recipe
- Yield: 9 Big Brownies
FOR BROWNIES – (Recipe Adapted From Cafe Delites Best Fudge Cocoa Brownies)
- 1/2 Cup Melted Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tsp Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 Tube of White Cookie Icing
- Edible Candy Eyes (I found mine at Walmart)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line or grease a 8×8 baking pan
- Mix together all of the brownie ingredients in a medium size bowl
- Transfer mixture to the baking pan and using a spatula, spread into pan to make it level throughout
- Place in oven and allow to bake for roughly 25 minutes, until toothpick comes out of the centre clean
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack to cool completely
- Once fully cooled, cut into 3×3 (9 squares) and remove onto surface and separated for icing
- Cut open icing package to make a medium large opening and using the icing make zig zag patterns across brownies
- Place candy eyeballs on each and allow icing to set