Real talk: I’m actually not very good with the whole hydration thing. I always start off with good intentions, I have my fancy canteen (I care not to share how much I paid for) filled up with water, promises to drink two a day and then at the end off the day before I go to bed I think…now where did I leave that water bottle?
Some days I do really good and those are the days I can tell just how important it is do keep hydrated because I always operate so much better!
So with the warmer temps starting, my hubby and I are doing our best to keep our hydration promises to each other – accountability helps. But sometimes water just doesn’t cut it! Especially pre or post workout – this smoothie would be so perfect after a good bike ride, nice run outside, a workout, or maybe just some work in the yard.
It’s full of fresh ingredients, and doesn’t contain any dairy or nut milk so it’s still light and refreshing and kind of gives off some mojito vibes with the lime and mint – nothing wrong with that right?!
WHAT’S IN IT
- Coconut Water: A good source of electrolytes, perfect for rehydrating after prolonged exercise
- Pineapple: Anti-inflammatory and immune boosting
- Cucumber: A good source of essentials vitamins and minerals and promotes hydration
- Avocado: Nutrient dense and a healthy source of fibre and good fats
- Mint: Helps with digestion and inflammation
- Spinach: Nutrient dense, high in niacin and zinc
I used frozen pineapple for mine but feel free to use fresh as well and you could serve it over ice for that cool refreshing smoothie. This recipe makes two medium sized smoothies, so it’s perfect to share…I honestly had no problem drinking both though 😉
Electrolyte Boosting Smoothie
Keep hydrated and energized with this refreshing electrolyte boosting smoothie!
- Yield: 2
- 2 Cups of Coconut Water
- 1 Cup of Frozen Pineapple
- 1/2 Large Cucumber Peeled
- 1 Small Avocado Peeled and Pitted
- 1/2 Cup of Fresh Mint
- 1/2 Cup of Spinach
- The Juice of 3 Small Limes
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until combined