Delicious and Healthy!
Foil Baked Salmon is always my fail safe for cooking big salmon fillets like this. Always cooked so perfectly flaky and full of flavour – Paired perfectly with some zucchini noodles and a light and refreshing feta yogurt dressing. All of the flavour and still a perfectly healthy and wholesome meal the whole family will love!
My usual routine with salmon, involves me buying a big fillet like this, usually from Costco, getting it home and cutting it up into portion sized pieces to use and freeze the rest but I made this dish for a more casual Friday family meal, share platter style!
Just pile it all on a platter and pick away at what you want and boy it didn’t last long! This might actually be my new favourite dish! Bold I know, but my whole family devoured this dish and if you’ve been following along you’ve probably heard me talk about my toddlers recent war on green vegetables. Didn’t even fuss! My husband and I gave each other the nobody move a muscle while he’s eating his dinner in peace face and shared a serious of high fives once he was done. I’m going to count this dish as a WIN!
The best part of all is that it was well enjoyed but HEALTHY! Although it was throughly enjoyed, I didn’t leave the table feeling like I had over indulged. The zoodles made for a really great low carb addition and the feta yogurt dressing just kicked up the flavour to another level. And BONUS: The Feta Yogurt Dressing makes more than enough to enjoy another time or two throughout the week. Check out the original post for more ideas on how you can re-purpose it!
There’s no necessary reason to bake your salmon in foil, this recipe will come out just fine if you bake it right on a baking sheet. I just find that it really keeps the salmon nice and moist (like I actually struggled trying not to use that word but couldn’t come up with anything else, apologies), it cooks evenly throughout and reduces the cook time by a bit. I find my foil cooked salmon usually always have the best outcome, but that’s just me! You do you 😉
Foil Baked Salmon with Zoodles and Feta Yogurt Dressing
Delicious fail safe foil baked salmon seasoned with herbs, garlic and butter served with a healthy side of zoodles and a creamy feta yogurt sauce. A satisfying and healthy meal!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 Large Piece of Salmon
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp of Finely Diced Shallot
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Dill
- 1 Tbsp of Minced Garlic
- Juice of Half a Lemon
- 2 Tbsp of Melted Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 Cups of Zucchini Noodles
FETA YOGURT DRESSING
- 1 1/2 Cups of Plain Yogurt
- 3/4 Cup of Crumbled Feta
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh Dill
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 350F and place two sheet of aluminum foil on a large baking sheet, Place the salmon in the middle, pinching together the edges of the foil to fold over into a pocket around the salmon once you’ve seasoned it
- Coat salmon with olive oil and in a small bowl mix together the diced shallot, dill, garlic, lemon juice, and melted butter and spread over the salmon. Season with salt and pepper to liking and finish folding edges to seal the salmon, try to leave it with some space inside so the air can move around and the aluminum isn’t pressed right onto the fish.
- Place the salmon in the oven and allow to bake for approx 35-40 minutes (time will vary based on the size and thickness of your salmon. Open the foil and use a fork to check – salmon should flakes easily but still be moist and pink on the inside)
- Leave the foil open for the last 5 minutes before removing the salmon, place the zoodles on top and allow to bake for remaining time.
- While salmon is baking, add all ingredients for the feta yogurt dressing into a high speed blender and blend until fully combined, transfer to a serving dish
- Remove the salmon and transfer to a serving dish (you can leave in on the foil if you prefer)
- The feta yogurt dressing is great served over both the salmon and the zoodles!