Refreshing Tequila Cocktails
Keeping it fun and fresh with this Ginger Citrus Paloma Cocktail. Made with winter citrus and ginger, a seriously easy drink to sip and fun anytime of year, but especially if you have the winter blues and you need a little something to give you those sunshine and warm weather feels!
Although it’s been unseasonably warm here where I live in Calgary, the winter blahs are definitely in full effect. If you saw my last post, a recipe for citrus shrimp salad you can see that I’m really into all things citrus at the moment! Trying to keep it light and fresh and all of those bright and beautiful colours are really helping with those winter blues too 😉
Now let’s get to my favourite tequila cocktail, the Paloma cocktail. My husband is not a big fan of tequila cocktails and was on the fence when I told him what I had planned to make for our weekend cocktail exploration (which we do pretty much every weekend) but I KNEW he would like these. Not to mention I just had to make use of my new tequila decanter. Seriously in love with this fun and fresh tequila decanter from Final Touch – it even has a little agave plant in it, how fun it that?!
Showed off perfectly with these palomas. So fresh and light and hit just about every flavour note, a little sweet, a little sour and a little sweet, a little spicy and they go down oh so easy, like seriously easy! I added a little ginger to this batch to give it a more wintery feel but I feel it makes for a good year round cocktail, enjoyed at anytime of the year!
Some Helpful Bar Tools for Making These Cocktails
You don’t need these tools to enjoy the Paloma Cocktails but they are some good additions to every home bar and help make these cocktails a little easier to make!
- A jigger for measuring out your spirits
- A mixing glass, I love mine because I’ll pre mix some cocktail mix and leave it in the fridge until we’re ready for another.
- A bar spoon, much longer than a regular spoon and works great with your mixing glass
- A strainer, so you can avoid pouring out the pulp and in this case, ginger into your cocktail glasses
- A small plate to use to rim your glasses with rim salt
- Rim salt, I happened to have a grapefruit flavoured rim salt in my collection that I found at my local wine and spirits store
- A decanter – totally optional of course and not needed to make these cocktails but also super fun if you’re into building you home bar like me!
Ginger Citrus Paloma Cocktail
A fresh and fun cocktail this Ginger Citrus Paloma cocktails are the perfect cocktail to keep you looking forward to those warmer temps!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 5 Minutes
- Yield: 4 Cocktails
- Grapefruit Rim Salt 0r Coarse Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp of Fresh Grated Ginger
- 1 Tbsp of Lime Juice
- 4 oz. of Silver Tequila
- 1 Cup of Grapefruit Juice
- 1/2 Cup of Club Soda
- Grapefruit and lime wedges for garnish
- Crushed Ice
- In a mixing glass, add fresh grated ginger, lime juice, grapefruit juice and club soda and mix together
- Add rim salt to a small plate, use a lime wedge to rim glasses and then press the rim of the glass into the rim salt and twist to coat the rim
- Add ice, and one oz of tequila to each glass
- Using a strain, pour grapefruit juice mixture evenly into each glass
- Garnish with grapefruit and lime slice and serve!