A Great Plan Ahead Meal for the Week!
Get ready for slightly cooler temps and the back to school routine with this Healthier Instant Pot Lasagna Soup. Warm and hearty but not too heavy, it includes noodles and zoodles and is made in no time at all, ready to serve and reheat throughout the week! Kid and family approved!
Things I love About This Recipe
- It’s made with wholesome, whole food ingredients. No junkie sauces!
- It’s a healthier version, I omitted the extra cheese you see in most and in stead of all noodles, I did a combination of both noodles and zoodles! I also used a combination of lean ground beef and Italian sausage as opposed to just sausage.
- Gluten Free? No problem! Just omit the noodles altogether and use just zoodles!
- This is definitely a family approved meal. You and the kids will love it. Who doesn’t love lasagna?
- You still get the delicious tastes of eating a nice slice of lasagna but without the heaviness
- This Instant Pot Lasagna Soup is QUICK! Very little work for a very delicious return on efforts.
- This dish is either great for dinner for a bigger family and perfect to make for meals for everyone through the week. Just store it in the fridge and reheat it as you need it!
- Last but not least, cooking with the Instant Pot always comes with the benefit of less dishes!
Tips for Making This Recipe
- Just like any recipe you’re about to make, I always suggest being prepared before you start. Having all of you ingredients on hand, chopped or even measured out and ready to go so you can just add them as you need them! Also makes for a good time saver.
- Always follow your manufacturer’s guide to your model of pressure cooker.
- After your meats are browned and you pour in the liquids, give the bottom of your Instant a good stir to make sure there aren’t any bigger pieces stuck to the bottom that might burn.
- I used 4 Cups of chicken broth for this recipe and I found mine came out as a nice thicker consistency but depending on how you like your soup, you may want to add a bit more!
- Leave the zucchini noodles to add to the very end once the pressure cook function is complete. By just adding them in for a couple minutes before serving you’ll still have nice tender zoods that won’t be mushy!
- Save the cheese for very last as well so you get the gooey melted bite on your fork. One of the best parts!
- Like any good lasagna that sit in the fridge overnight, it becomes even better the next day. Usually because it’s absorbed all of those yummy juices. So to get your Instant Pot Lasagna Soup back, you can add a little broth when reheating to enjoy again!
Looking for More Instant Pot Recipes?
Healthier Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup made healthier but with just as much amazing flavour and in half the time in your Instant Pot. Family Approved!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 5 Servings
- 1 lb of Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Mild Italian Sausage, Casing removed and chopped up
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp of Minced Garlic
- 1/4 of a Small Cooking Onion, Diced
- 1 Tbsp of Oregano
- 1/2 Tbsp of Thyme
- 1 Tsp of Sea Salt
- 1/4 Tsp of Fine Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp of Organic Tomato Paste
- 1 398 ml Can of Organic Tomato Sauce
- 4 Cups of Organic Chicken Broth
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Cups of Uncooked Mafalda Corta Pasta (Mini Lasagna Noodles or Use Noodle of Choice)
- 2 Cups of Raw Zucchini Noodles
- 2 Cups of Mozzarella Cheese
- Add olive oil to the bottom of the Instant Pot and using the Sauté function, bring the Instant Pot to temperature adding the ground beef and sausage and using a large spoon, careful sauté until almost fully cooked, adding the garlic and onion, oregano, thyme and salt & pepper. Continue to sauté until meats are fully cook and onions are slightly translucent
- Turn of the sauté function and add tomato paste, stirring to mix, tomato sauce, broth, and bay leaf and uncooked pasta and combine with the spoon
- Set your Instant Pot* to the Manual Pressure Cook function for 15 minutes on High and start
- Once the function is complete, carefully do a quick release of the pressure and steam. Once the pressure valve has popped, carefully remove the lid and stir in the zoodles, and mozzarella cheese (reserving a little to serve on top)
- Transfer to bowls and enjoy!
*Always use your Instant Pot to the manufacturer’s guidelines