Comfort Food At It's Finest
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! For all of the warm and cozy foods that is like this beef stew Instant Pot style with a twist! Instead of traditional potatoes I used gnocchi, fluffy little clouds that act like dumplings soaking up all of those delicious flavours and the beef is melt in your mouth tender…Mmm. Made easily on a week night with minimal ingredients, perfect for a warm and filling lunch or dinner!
Less than 4 weeks until Christmas and my head is spinning! Like how did this year go by so fast?! If it could just slow down a bit so I can enjoy the season, it really is such a great time of the year.
Big sweaters, scarves, warm and cozy beverages and dishes. I think I’ve been making a soup or stew once a week for the last 2 months but this beef stew has been on repeat the last 2 weeks. Comfort food at it’s finest and I know my whole family LOVES it! Never a complaint and bowls are always licked clean. Not to mention the Instant Pot makes it pretty easy to enjoy any day of the week. So whether you’re coming home from a days work, a shopping sesh at the mall or from a winter hike, you’re going to want to cozy up to a bowl of this beef stew!
What You Need To Make This Beef Stew
This Beef Stew, Instant Pot style is pretty simple as far as ingredients go but nothing short on flavour. Here’s what you need:
- Stewing Beef
- Tomato Paste
- Beef Broth
- Gnocchi – What are Gnocchi? Accordingly to Plated: They are small dumplings made with potato and flour. They go great in this beef stew and soak up all of the gravy perfectly!
- Cornstarch Slurry – Made from 1 part cornstarch and 2 parts water. Depending on how your stew cooks, whether or not it’s thinner or thicker you may want to use more or less of the slurry. I used 1 tbsp cornstarch and 2 tbsps of water because I like mine quite thick
Instant Pot Beef Stew with Gnocchi
Thick and hearty, this beef stew is the ultimate comfort food. Melt in your mouth beef and pillowy gnocchi to soak up all of those flavourful juices made simple in the Instant Pot.
- 1.5 Lbs of Cubed Stewing Beef
- 1/4 Cup of Flour
- 5 Carrots Peeled and Chopped
- 2 Celery Stalks Chopped
- 1/2 Cooking Onion Diced
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 Cups of Beef Broth
- 1 Package of Gnocchi
- Cornstarch Slurry (1 part cornstarch to 2 parts water) I used 1 Tbsp of cornstarch and 2 Tbsp pf water
- In a medium bowl, dredge the beef coating in with flour
- Place the beef, celery, carrots, onion, tomato paste, salt & pepper, and beef broth in your Instant Pot and set function to stew/meat for 35 minutes on high. Once function is complete, allow pressure to release naturally*
- Remove the lid and stir contents of the pot, set the Instant Pot function to sauté and add slurry, stirring periodically until thickened to your liking
- Stir in gnocchi for last 5 minutes
- cancel sauté function and serve immediately
*Always use your pressure cooker to the manufacturers guidelines