A Healthy Snack Made Easy at Home
[Sponsored by Naked Coconuts] This Chai Spiced Popcorn is the perfect snack to make for a night spent at home, warm cozy blanket, warm beverage. Made super easily in the Instant Pot with good healthy fats and a refined sugar free chai spice mix. No need to go anywhere, just snuggle up to a big bowl of this chai spice popcorn and relax.
We love our movie nights on the weekends, usually once our toddler has gone to bed and we can watch what we want. Snacks for these nights are always a high priority. Where we usually cycle through our favourite line-up, popcorn is usually always on the list.
Now that we’re moving into the cooler temps, pumpkin spice everything is almost behind us, lol I thought a little chai spiced popcorn would do the trick. Especially being in the fall months, I usually always the spices I needed to make this mixture on hand.
This chai spice pop corn is so easily made in the Instant Pot too, so much better than the packaged popcorn in my opinion and even better that I know exactly what ingredients went into making. Snack wins!
Cocoghee is a combination of coconut oil and ghee. Both being shown to have a number of health benefits this cocoghee also has a high smoke point at 350F. Naked Coconuts Cocoghee is organic and GMO free. I like to use it in dishes where I want to use a good healthy fat but still have that buttery flavour as well.
Make Your Own Chai Spice with Stevia
You can skip this whole process if you want and buy a store bought chai mix but this is really simple to make and chances are you have these spices in your cabinet. If you want to added a little of the sweetness with the refined sugar. I just added a bit because I’m personally not the biggest fan of the taste of stevia but a little goes a long way and adds a the right amount of sweetness to this otherwise spicy mixture.
What you need:
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Cardamom
- Back pepper
- Stevia (optional)
How to Make Instant Pot Chai Spiced Popcorn
It’s really not much different than cook stove top but I like that it’s contained better and the heat is more regulated personally, plus I find a reason to just make everything in my Instant Pot and this Chai Spiced Popcorn worked great!
- First you’re going to want to want sure you have a pot lid, not your Instant Pot lid handy
- You’ll want to add your cocoghee to the bottom of your Instant Pot and turn the Sauté function onto HIGH, it’s important it’s on High, I tried on medium and it just wasn’t enough to get the kernels popping for me anyways
- Next once your function is heated and ready, add your corn kernels and use a spatula to move around and coat in oil. Be careful, just Ibn case there is some splatter from the oil
- Cover with your pot lid
- Wait a couple minutes, then you should hear your corn start to pop!
- Time to fully pop the corn will vary but I suggest you listen for it to start to slow down or stop and then turn the Instant Pot off, wait a minute to remove the lid just in case
- Transfer popcorn to a large bowl and sprinkle chai mixture over top
- The mixture makes more than you’ll need so season to taste starting with a little and adding more as you like
Instant Pot Chai Spiced Popcorn
A delicious snack made right at home in your Instant Pot! This Chai Spiced Popcorn is a little sweet and a little spicy but completely healthy made with Naked Coconuts Cocoghee and it’s refined sugar free [This post is sponsored by Naked Coconuts]
- 1/2 Cup of Popcorn Kernels
- 2 Tbsp of Naked Coconuts Cocoghee (Coconut Oil and Ghee Mixture)
- 2 Tbsp of Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp of Ground Ginger
- 1 Tbsp of Cardamom
- 1 Tsp of Nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp of Stevia
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Mix together all of the spices in a small bowl and set rise
- Place the Naked Coconuts cocoghee in the bottom of your Instant Pot and set the Sauté function to default 30 minutes on high and allow to preheat and make sure you have a large enough lid on hand
- Once the setting has preheated, add the popcorn kernels and using a spatula carefully coat the kernels in oil
- Cover your Instant Pot with a large lid to cover the opening and wait, the kernels will eventually start to pop
- Listen for when the kernels finish popping and turn off the Instant Pot, carefully removing the lid
- Transfer popcorn to a large bowl and sprinkle with a little of the chai spice and adding to taste
*Always use your pressure cooker to the manual instructions for your model
*Be careful when removing the lid, in case of a hot oil splatter