Great for Meal Planning!
These Instant Pot Chipotle Pulled Pork Bowls are the perfect pairing of smokey chipotle flavours with sweet and spicy but not too spicy pulled pork, sweet potato and fibrous black beans all melded together in one easy to assemble bowl. Whether you’re meal planning for the week or making an average week day meal these bowls are so easy to put together, and well worth it I promise!
What You Need For This Instant Pot Chipotle Pulled Pork
- Pressure Cooker – Mine is an Instant Pot Ultra
- Two small pieces of pork tenderloin
- 1 Cup of Chicken Stock or Water, I find stock adds more flavour personally but it will work fine with water too
- 1 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tsp of Chipotle Hot Sauce, I find this more smokey than spicy but if spice isn’t your thing feel free to omit
- Spices, just some simple granulated garlic powder (NOT garlic salt), sea salt and black pepper
- Chipotle BBQ Sauce of your choice. You’ll use some in the cooking process and some to add at the end once the pork is finished cooking. If chipotle really isn’t your favourite flavour base, you could also try my for traditional Instant Pot Pulled Pork in 30 Minutes
Making Your Bowls
If you’re making these Instant Pot Chipotle Pulled Pork bowls for the week, they should stay well in the fridge for up to 5 days in air tight containers if you choose to assemble them ahead of time.
I like to add the ingredients as follows, but really it’s your preference!
- Sweet Potato
- Black Beans
- Greens on Top
- And some lime juice or extra chipotle to finish if you like
You could also add other ingredients if you like, slice avocado or guacamole, cooked corn, a dollop of plain yogurt or salsa or you could make this more low carb and sub the rice out altogether and make the base all greens, like spinach, kale or mixed greens.
Instant Pot Chipotle Pulled Pork Bowls
Full of smokey chipotle flavours but not too spicy – These Instant Pot Chipotle Pulled Pork Bowls are a breeze to put together and perfect for meal planning or an average week day meal!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
INSTANT POT CHIPOTLE PULLED PORK
- 2 Small Pieces of Pork Tenderloin
- 1 Cup of Chicken Stock or Water
- 1 1/2 Cups of Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- 1 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tsp of Chipotle Hot Sauce
- 1 Tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp of Sea Salt
- 1/4 Tsp of Black Pepper
- 2 Cups of Cooked Basmati Rice
- 1 Can of Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 1 Large Sweet Potato, Peeled and Cubed
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Cup of Micro Greens or Spinach
- Lime to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss sweet potato cubes in olive oil and place on baking sheet in oven for roughly 35 minutes or until fully cooked, checking periodically and moving around the baking sheet
- If you need to, cook basmati rice as per instructions and set aside once done
- In your Instant Pot, place 1 cup of water or broth
- Season pork tenderloin with seasonings and place in the Instant Pot, pouring the apple cider vinegar, hot sauce and half of the BBQ sauce, reserving the other half for when it’s finished
- Set Manual function to 25 minutes on High, and allow natural release
- Once the pressure has fully release, remove the lid and using two forks, pull the pork apart and add the remaining BBQ sauce to mix
- To build bowls, place rice in the bottom, sweet potato, pulled pork, black beans and add greens and a squeeze of lime, even some extra chipotle hot sauce if you like it more spicy!
*Please always use your Pressure Cooker to the manuals guidelines for your model!