Made in 20 Minutes!
Ever have that one dish that you just need to get a little bit of everything onto one bite so you can enjoy all of the delicious flavours together? These Instant Pot Jerk Chicken Grain Bowls are just that dish!
These bowls are nowhere short on flavour. The chicken and the rice are cooked together with the jerk seasonings for some bold flavour and spiciness topped with sweet mango, peppers, black beans, red onion, jalapeños if you like it extra spicy and cilantro.
So filling and so satisfying and the best part? They’re ready to eat in 20 minutes, one pot, limited dishes to clean!
I love grain bowls like this Instant Pot Jerk Chicken throughout the week. Such a great way to get in a well rounded nutritious meal. Good protein from the chicken, fibrous black blacks, nutrients dense vegetables and fruits and carbs from the rice.
That and this dish is just so colourful and colourful food is more fun to eat right?
The sliced mangos are the perfect topping for this dish – and if you’re anything like me and you struggle with slicing mangos, I’ve got your back! I’ve included a link to a video tutorial or how not to mangle your mangos in the ingredients list below.
You could take away or add some veggies and fruit, it’s completely your preference but I highly recommend you try this combo! It all just goes so well.
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS RECIPE
- Aside from cutting up the veggies and fruit, it’s a one-pot meal and super easy for clean-up!
- Chicken thighs, beans, and rice are fairly in-expensive items making this dish a great budget friendly meal
- It’s made in 20 minutes, whether you’re making dinner for the family or meal prepping for the week
- It’s super filling and full of nutritious fibre and nutrient dense veggies and fruit
- It’s JAM PACKED with flavour, some heat from the spices that go perfectly with the sweetness of the mango and the peppers, crisp onion and cilantro and the lime just brings it all together, so tasty!
- These bowls are versatile! Great for family meals, or meal planning for the week – they’ll stay well in the fridge in air tight containers and reheat well in the microwave once you’re ready to enjoy them.
Instant Pot Jerk Chicken Grain Bowls
Caribbean vibes coming in strong with these Instant Pot Jerk Chicken Grain Bowls. Packed full of sweet and spicy flavours and made in 20 minutes!
- Prep Time: 10 Mins
- Cook Time: 8 Mins
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 8 Chicken Thighs Cut Into Bite Sized Pieces
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Cups of Chicken Stock
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 Tbsp of Jerk Seasoning Spice
- 1 Tsp of Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp of Sea Salt
- 1 Cup of Basmati Rice
FOR THE BOWLS
- 1 Can of Black Beans Rinsed
- 1 Red Pepper Sliced into Thin Strips
- 1 Mango Peeled and Sliced into Thin Strips
- 1 Jalapeno Sliced Thinly (Optional)
- 1/3 Cup of Diced Red Onion
- A Handful of Chopped Cilantro
- Lime to Garnish
- Add olive oil to bottom of Instant Pot, followed by sliced chicken thighs, seasonings, lime juice, and basmati rice
- Pour chicken stock over top and leave as is, don’t mix!
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot (make sure steam valve is set in appropriate position for your model)*
- Place settings to Pressure Cook for 8 Minutes of High and press start
- While chicken and rice are cooking, slice veggies and fruit and set aside
- Once Pressure Cook cycle is complete, allow the steam to natural release, approx 5-10 mins before pressing the pressure release valve carefully, allowing any additional steam to release
- Remove the lid and using a wooden spoon, mix the pot to make sure everything is well combine, but being careful not to mash up the rice!
- Remove and transfer mixture into 4 bowls, place sliced mango, black beans, red pepper, red onion, jalapeño (optional), and garnish with cilantro and an extra squeeze of lime
- Serve immediately or place in meal prep containers to reheat for meal planning!
*Always refer to the Manufacturers suggested use for your Instant Pot!