Instant Pot Pulled Pork in 30 Minutes
Delicious and saucy Instant Pot Pulled Pork made in 30 minutes! Juicy and tender, you’ll want to make sure you have extra napkins on hand!
- 2 Lbs of Pork Shoulder, Fat Trimmed and Cut into Large Pieces (about 6 pieces)
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp of Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp of Cumin
- 1 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp of Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp of Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp of Chilli Powder
- 2 1/2 Cups of You Favourite BBQ Sauce
- 1 1/2 Cups of Water
- Combine spices and coat pork shoulder pieces on all sides
- Set the Instant Pot to the Sauté function and add oil
- Once heated, add pork pieces in trying not to over lap and sear pork for 3 minutes roughly, flipping over carefully with a long set of tongs and sear for another 3 minutes.
- Remove pork and deglaze the bottom of the Instant Pot with the water, just to loosen the cook bits at the bottom so they don’t burn. Cancel the sauté function
- Return the pork pieces to the Instant Pot and pour the BBQ sauce over top.
- Close the lid and make sure the pressure valve is in the proper setting and on the Manual function, set to 20 minutes on high
- Once the 20 minutes is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally, 10-15 minutes or so before removing the lid
- Using two forks, pull apart and shred pork pieces
- Serve as you wish!
*Please always use your pressure cooker by the manuals instructions