A Simple Meal with Big Flavour!
Quick and easy, this Italian Sausage with Bell Peppers and Farfalle Pasta is still big on flavour. Made with simple but delicious ingredients and served well both hot and cold, this dish is great for family meals and makes even better leftovers to be enjoyed throughout the week for lunches!
I am absolutely obsessed with this dish! Is it fancy and complex? No. Is it made with trendy, never heard of ingredients? Definitely not. It is so simple it’s almost ridiculous but I promise you it’s so delicious and so good to have in your arsenal for quick weeknight meals the whole family will enjoy.
Made with mild Italian Sausage, crisp bell peppers, pasta and simple seasonings and cheese, my family absolutely devoured this dish! I would definitely recommend it to anyone out there cooking for a toddler at that moment. My little guy is definitely in the vegetable scepticism phase at the moment but loved this dish – I feel it probably had something to do with the ingredients still being very easy to pick out and the sauce was very simple, no guessing involved which seems to be the winning ticket at the moment.
I chose farfalle (bow tie) pasta for this dish but feel free to use your favourite or what you may have on hand!
No Sauce Required!
No fussing with making a sauce in addition to this meal! You’ll be surprised to see how far, the spices from the Italian Sausage, with the reserved pasta water and seasonings are more than enough and keep this dish flavourful without weighing it down.
Just remember to carefully scoop out a cup of pasta water before straining your pasta! Set aside to add back in later.
You Might Also Like
Italian Sausage and Bell Pepper Farfalle
This skillet Italian Sausage with Bell Peppers and Farfalle is a perfect example of big flavour for very little work! Served hot or cold this dish will please the whole family.
- Prep Time: 5 Mins
- Cook Time: 20 Mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 Cooked Mild Italian Sausage Sliced
- 4 Cups of Farfalle Pasta Plus 1 Cup of Reserved Pasta Water
- 3 Bell Peppers, Seeds Removed and Sliced
- 1/2 Small Red Pepper Sliced
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup of Fresh Basil
- 1/4 Cup of Shredded Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper
- Prepare sausage as you wish, in the oven or on the grill until fully cooked. Slice into rounds.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add farfalle. Allow to cook until fully cooked and tender but still al-dente reserving a cup of the cooked pasta water and strain the rest and set aside
- In a large skillet heat olive oil, add peppers and red onion and cook until peppers are tender and red onion is somewhat translucent
- Add in sausage and pasta, pour over reserved pasta water and season with salt and pepper and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring often
- Turn off heat and add in parmesan and fresh basil to serve immediately or allow to cool and store in an air tight container you later use