Gin & Tonic Sorbet for the G&T Lovers!
Summer is just around the corner and I mean there isn’t much better than your favourite refresher on a hot summer eve or picnic, maybe a BBQ? Unless you up level to this Lemon Honey Gin & Tonic Sorbet! The perfect adult way to beat the heat. Made with a local collaboration between Alberta’s own Eau Claire Distillery Gin and Saskatoon Farms (also Alberta local) honey. Seriously sippable even on it’s own but I recommend you try it out in this frozen treat too 😉
We are starting to get hints of summer here in Calgary although I could probably go on about the rain and cold we’ve experienced these last couple of weeks, it’s made everything SO green and I’m ok with that.
And with that, comes all of the yard work, gardening, back deck hangs, and cooking all of the things on our brand new smoker grill (more shares on that coming up).
I’m looking forward to mellow evenings spent after bed time, patio lights on and these refreshing Lemon Honey Gin & Tonic Sorbet to end the day on a good note.
I actually made this Lemon Honey Gin & Tonic Sorbet back in March but followed by a snow storm or too, I thought I’d save it to share when it would be better enjoyed.
TRY IT AS A COCKTAIL TOO!
I mean I have no problem eating this gin & tonic sorbet straight up with a spoon but it also makes a cocktail too! Gin & Tonic cocktail made in a sorbet and then into a cocktail again, ok sure right? Just think of it as an adult slushie.
Scoop your sorbet into your favourite glass, add an additional oz of gin, 2 oz of tonic water and extra lemon zest or wedge. Serve with a spoon and or a straw, but I recommend both!
Lemon Honey Gin & Tonic Sorbet
This Lemon Honey Gin & Tonic makes for a great adult way to enjoy a hot summer day! Great on it’s own or served up as a cocktail.
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Cup of Water
- 3.5 oz of Eau Claire Distillery Saskatoon Honey Gin (if you don’t have access, use unflavoured gin, and 2 Tbsp of Honey)
- Juice and zest of 3 Lemons
- 1 Large Cucumber Peeled and Chopped into Thirds
- 2 Cups of Eau Claire Distillery’s Original Tonic Water
Additional lemon zest, 2 oz of Tonic Water, 1 oz of Honey Gin if making cocktails, per cocktail
- In a small sauce pan, bring water and sugar to a simmer for approx 10-15 minutes until simple syrup is thickened, then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a blender, add gin, lemon juice and zest, cucumber, tonic water and simple syrup and blender until fully combined and smooth
- Pour into metal loaf pan and place in freezer
- Allow to freeze for 2 hours and then remove from pan back into blender and blend again until smooth, place back into pan and place in the freezer overnight
- Allow to sit for a couple of minutes before serving
- For cocktails, scoop sorbet into desired glass and top with additional oz of gin, 2 oz of tonic water and additional lemon zest of wedge. Serve with a spoon and or straw!
- Transfer mixture into an air tight container to store in the freezer for further use.