There’s nothing quite like a tall mojito, glass sweating on a hot day, kind of refreshing to get through the summer temps. Fresh flavour of mint and lime combined with the subtly sweetness and fragrant smell of fresh lychees takes that refreshing mojito you know and love to a whole new level. I can’t say that I’ve ever spent as much time on process pictures for a cocktail before, but these fresh market lychees were just too pretty to resist. Textures upon texture and the vibrant pinks, soft greens are a dream to shoot, add in a special cocktail class and this might just be one of my favourite cocktail shoots to date!
- Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 Tbsp of Cane Sugar
- Half a Lime, Sliced into wedges plus the juice of half a lime
- 8-10 Mint Leaves
- 2 oz of Lychee Juice (if making fresh, see directions following)
- 2 oz of Quality Golden Rum (I used Bumbu Original)
- Coconut LaCroix or Club Soda
- Mint Sprig, extra mint leaves and Lychee to garnish
- 8-10 Lychee Nuts (Makes enough juice for 2 cocktails)
- Shell Lychees and removed pits, add to a high speed blender and blend on high until completely broken down. Run through a fine sieve into a glass or jar
- In a mixing glass, add cane sugar, mint leaves, like wedges and lime juice and muddle to incorporate.
- In a tall glass, strain mixture into glass, add rum, lychee juice, extra mint leaves and top with crushed ice and stir.
- Pour over coconut LaCroix or Club Soda and stir
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and a shelled lychee on a cocktail pick