Meal Planning the Whole Family will Love!
It’s sometimes hard to find a dish to plan ahead for the week that the whole family will enjoy but I tell you these Meal Prep Stuffed Pepper Soup jars with goat cheese are just it! So easy to make, with rice, ground beef and tender bell peppers, warm and comforting tomato base and the goat cheese adds the perfect bit of creaminess to cut through the acidity of the tomatoes.
I recently co hosted an event, in which there was lots of leftover rice and quinoa and I admit I did try to pawn it off at first before I came to my senses. I mean how perfect to have rice and quinoa already prepped and ready to use for the week…Hello Tanya!
Not to mention the event involved me talking about ways you can make meal planning for the week easier on yourself! Having your grains already cooked ahead of time if a great help for sure. That way you can just add it to whatever you’re already planning, like a buddha bowls, your protein and veggies or these Meal Prep Stuffed Pepper Soup jars with goat cheese!
I love having jars like this in the fridge for the week! For one, my whole family loves them, they’re simple but full of yummy and filling ingredients like the beef and rice, and I know everyone is still getting their veggies in because they are loaded with tender bell peppers. Though my little guy isn’t really sure about the goats cheese, which adds such an amazing creaminess to this dish, and you get little bites of goat cheese that are tangy and cut through the acidity of the tomatoes so perfectly! I just mix the goat cheese into hi and then serve a little shredded cheddar on top, no complaints.
Making These Meal Prep Stuffed Pepper Soup Jars
What you need:
- 8-10 air tight jars or one large air tight container if you’re using throughout the week
- Freezer friendly containers or ziplocks if you chose to use some and freeze the rest for a later time
- A large pot for this large recipe
- Ground Beef (I used Lean Ground Beef)
- Olive Oil
- Cooking Onion
- Bell Peppers (I used red, yellow and orange because that’s what I had, green are great too!)
- Cooked basmati rice (I used white because that’s what I know my boys will eat)
- Crushed Tomatoes, 3 cans, you could sub one for diced tomatoes if you want more texture, again I cook for my boys 😉
- Tomato paste to help thicken it up
- Beef broth
- Spices like oregano and smoked paprika
- Goats cheese to add a nice creaminess
Meal Prep Stuffed Pepper Soup with Goat Cheese
This Meal Prep Stuffed Pepper Soup with Goat Cheese is sure to be the next addition to your line up when planning ahead for the week! It’s easy to make, filling, cheap and so full of flavour. A favourite in our home!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1.5 Lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cooking Onion Diced
- 4 Bell Peppers Cut into Large Pieces
- 4 Cups of Cooked Basmati Rice
- 1 900 ml Container of Beef Broth
- 3 398 ml Cans of Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp of Tomato Paste
- 1 Tsp of Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp of Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp of Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp of Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Cup of Goat Cheese plus more for garnish
- In a large pot add olive oil and bring to medium heat
- Add in diced onions and allow to cook for a couple minutes, or until they become fragrant and slightly translucent then add in the ground beef and cook through
- Transfer ground beef to a separate bowl and set aside
- In the same pot, add chopped bell peppers and sauté until tender then add the ground beef mixture back in with the spices, mix to fully combine
- Then pour over the beef broth and crushed tomatoes and tomato paste and stir to combine, place a lid on top and allow to simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes
- If you need to cook your rice, do so to the package instructions and set aside
- Stir in rice and goat cheese to serve and garnish with some crumbled goat cheese on top!
*Store in air tight containers to use use throughout the week, 5 days in the fridge or freeze in freezer friendly containers for another time!
Like this post? Share with your friends!