Healthy Meal Prep Lunches
Don’t be fooled by the ‘Stir Fried’ in the title – this Meal Prep Monday addition is completely healthy and jammed packed with SO many good flavours!
Juicy chicken drummettes with a hint of sweet and crispy baked skin. Warm roasted carrots drizzled in maple miso flavours with a slight crunch of pomegranate and HEALTHY stir fried ‘rice’. Riced cauliflower that is. I absolutely love substituting less than healthy carbs and grains in my diet with cauliflower, it is so versatile and so tasty!
I like to use it to replace rice (obviously), in my smoothies pre steamed and frozen (to help with digestion) for extra nutrients and it adds that extra creamy texture, or roasted with all sorts of different sauces as meatless options, as a pizza crust, I even make waffles with it! And I could still go on but on but I think it’s safe to say there are many ways you can use this vegetable as a healthy alternative.
I made 8 drummettes with this recipe as I’ll have one or two with my lunch depending on the day but you can add more if you feel you’d need 2 or 3.
I’ve included my Healthy Human water bottle as a reminder to also stay hydrated throughout the day. I find having a full bottle on hand really helps me stay on top of my water intake – it’s convenient and stays nice and cold throughout the entire day.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this addition on Meal Prep Monday, I’ll be posting my prepped meals for the week every Monday if you’re looking for some inspiration and tips on planned meals to help you stay on track. I’ve been focusing on lunches because that’s where I find I need the most help but I’ll be adding breakfast and some dinner inspiration as well so stay tuned!
If you’re new to meal prep and looking for information on the benefits of meal planning and some helpful tips please check out my earlier post and send me a message if you have any questions, I’m always here to help!
Miso Mango Marinated Chicken with Healthy Stir Fried Cauliflower Rice & Roasted Carrots with Maple Miso Tahini Dressing
Healthy Meal Prep Lunches for 5 Days
Miso Mango Marinated Chicken
8 Chicken Drummettes
1/4 Cup of Organic Mango Juice
1 Tbsp of Shiro Miso Paste
1 Tbsp of Honey
1 Tsp Fresh Grated Ginger
Salt & Pepper
Granulated Garlic Powder
Stir Fried Cauliflower Rice
4 Cups of Riced Cauliflower (You can either buy it riced or process cauliflower head in a food processor)
1 Tbsp of Sesame Oil (I used Chosen Foods Spicy Sesame Oil for a little extra spice!)
1 Cup Frozen Peas
1/2 Yellow Onion, Diced
2 Eggs, Whisked
1/4 Cup Tamari
1/2 Tsp of Grated Ginger
1/2 Tsp of Crushed Garlic
Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
Roasted Carrots with Maple Miso Tahini Dressing
- In a medium sized bowl, add mango juice, miso, honey, ginger and combine to form marinade
- Place chicken in glass dish and pour marinade over top, you can marinade over night or for at least 4 hours prior to cooking
- Preheat oven to 350F and remove chicken from dish and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, season with garlic powder and salt and pepper and brush remaining marinade over top
- Place in oven and bake until chicken is fully cooked, approx 45-50 mins
- Wash and halve carrots (you can peel or leave as is, it’s preference – if you choose not to peel just make sure carrots are thoroughly scrubbed) place on pan and drizzle with avocado oil and season with salt and bake on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper until tender and fully cooked
- Place tahini, miso, maple syrup, garlic, lemon juice and tamari in bowl to combine, if you find the mixture to be very thick, add a little water for thinner consistency
- place carrots on serving plate or glass storage container, drizzle dressing over top and finish with pomegranate seeds and herbs of choice is serving right away
- Heat sesame oil in a wok on medium heat, adding onion and frozen peas until onion become brown
- Add cauliflower rice and continue to stir in pan for about 5-10 mins
- Move cauliflower mixture over to side of wok and add eggs in the other half and scramble, once fully cook mix into cauliflower mixture
- Add tamari, ginger, crushed garlic, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl to combine and pour over cauliflower rice
- Continue to cook for 5 mins and remove from heat