Satisfying and Filling!
These Pesto Chicken Asparagus Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are sure to be your new go-to meal! Perfect for lunch or dinner and a great option for meal planning for the week – these Stuffed Sweet Potatoes can be made in less time with some of my time savers included below!
Whenever I’m stuck for what to make for lunches or dinners for the week, these stuffed sweet potatoes are almost always my go-to! So many options for combinations of flavours, but this pesto chicken and asparagus is by our favourite. And really minimal ingredients for such a filling and delicious meal. The ingredients include for the most part:
- Sweet Potatoes (I like to pick large ones so they make a more filling meal)
- Shredded Chicken
The best part about this stuffed sweet potatoes is you can make them totally from scratch, or you can use the following time saving tips!
Time Saving Tips
I usually make mine from scratch as I usually have the time and ingredients on hand but not all of us have time to make different components for one recipe and it’s ok to use time savers to assist in a still wholesome homemade dish.
- The Chicken can be baked easily in the oven or made in the Instant Pot for example but if you don’t have time – Use rotisserie chicken! It’s already cooked and easy to shred. You can sometimes find in pre shredded as well!
- Homemade pesto is quite easy to make but involves a couple extra steps and extra dishes. Feel free to use your favourite store bought!
Pesto Chicken Asparagus Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Satisfying and filling, these Pesto Chicken and Asparagus Sweet Potatoes are so versatile! Great for lunches throughout the week, meal planning or served with a side salad for a full dinner.
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- Yield: 3 Servings
- 3 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus
- 2 1/4 Cups of Cooked Chicken (like rotisserie chicken or baked and shredded)
- 1/2 Cup of Pesto (store bought or homemade, check out Homemade Classic Basil Pesto)
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Butter for Serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Make sure your sweet potatoes are washed and dried and place on the baking sheet leaving room for the asparagus. Using 1 tbsp of olive oil, brush the sweet potatoes all over and sprinkle lightly with coarse sea salt
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 30-45 minutes until potatoes are almost fully cooked through. When they are almost fully cooked (stick a skewer or fork in to check) add the asparagus coated in the remaining olive oil with the sweet potatoes and continue to bake until asparagus is tender and fully cooked and sweet potatoes are done (depending on the size of your sweet potatoes, time will vary)
- Remove sweet potatoes and cut down the middle but not all of the way through, add a small pat of butter is desired to the middle and place asparagus on top, distributing evenly between the sweet potatoes
- In a bowl add the chicken and pesto to combine and evenly distribute between the sweet potatoes
- Serve immediately or allow to cool and store in an air tight container in the fridge for the week