The Perfect Buffalo Wings for Your Super Bowl Party!
Wow your guests with these classic buffalo wings made with a sweet twist from honey. Baked super crispy in the oven and then smothered in this sweet and spicy buffalo sauce and finish in the oven to seal the delicious deal! You’re need to make sure you have lots of extra napkins on hand, they are the best kind of messy!
Buffalo wings are pretty essential to any Super Bowl in my opinion. Never made your own buffalo sauce before? Fear not! It’s actually really simple, and will wow your guests when they ask you if you made the sauce yourself, and that’s the real game winner right 😉
You don’t have to just line these saucy bad boys up for a Super Bowl party, they work perfectly for a Wednesday wing night or a treat over the weekend!
I served my buffalo wings up with some classic fresh cut celery and some ranch I topped of with blue cheese crumbles but feel free to use your favourite dip. You could even add them to a platter as a bigger more interactive way to serve your guests!
Saucy Baked Honey Buffalo Wings
Perfect for your upcoming Super Bowl party or your everyday wing Wednesday! The Buffalo wings are all things sweet, a little spicy and a whole lot of lick your fingers messy!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 Lbs of Wings (drumsticks and wings)
- 1 Tbsp of Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp of Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp of Sea Salt
- 1/4 Tsp of Black Pepper
HONEY BUFFALO SAUCE
- 1/3 Cup of Butter
- 1 Cup of Hot Sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot)
- 1/2 Cup of Honey
- 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp of Cornstarch
- Chopped Cilantro to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Pat chicken wings dry with paper towel and add to a large ziplock bag with baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Close the bag and shake to coat the wings.
- Place the wings on the baking sheet and place in the oven to bake for roughly 30 minutes, until until crispy and cooked through
- While wings are baking, add butter to a medium pot on medium heat and allow to melt, adding the rest of the ingredients, stirring continuously, roughly 5-10 minutes until sauce has thickened
- Remove wings from oven and transfer to a large bowl, pour buffalo mixture over top and transfer wings onto a wire cooking rack back into the oven for 10 minutes
- Remove and serve with fresh chopped veggies, your favourite dipping sauce, and some chopped cilantro to garnish