Quick and Easy
Perfect for those hot summer days when you want to avoid using the oven as much as possible. This Grilled Chicken Succotash is light and refreshing, packed full of good proteins and nutritious veggies and put together in no time at all. Served hot or cold and great for leftovers or meal planning for the week!
Currently avoiding the oven at all costs at the moment while we go through a little heat wave here in Calgary. We don’t have A/C and I’m starting to feel like we’re hiding from the world in our home, since the only way to keep our house cool is to keep all of the doors and windows closed, blinds closed and fans blaring in every room. It’s hard to even talk over it, lol.
In these situations, my cooking usually revolves around two things:
- Avoiding the oven (obviously)
- Easy to put together meals – No one wants to fuss over anything when it’s hot out
If you’re looking for either of those options, plus a really nutritious and delicious dish all around, I highly recommend you give this Grilled Chicken Succotash a try!
BONUS: It makes great leftovers if you’re meal planning for the week!
Tips for Making This Recipe
- I used frozen corn and peas because it was easier and a time saver, but feel free to use fresh.
- I also seasoned my chicken pretty basic, mainly so my toddler would eat it but feel free to season with your favourite spices.
- You can also cut your chicken breast in half as well to make two thinner breasts. This will reduce the time on the grill and make good bite sized pieces
- If you’re using frozen corn and peas, you can put them straight into the pan frozen. They only need a couple of minutes to sauté and then they are good. Just make sure they aren’t still frozen!
- This dish is served great hot or cold, so you can serve it immediately or chill it in the fridge to serve later.
Simple Grilled Chicken Succotash
A great dish for those summer days when it’s too hot to turn on the oven. Grilled Chicken Succotash with corn, peas and tomatoes. Simple and so delicious!
- Prep Time: 5 Mins
- Cook Time: 20 Mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 3 Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tbsp of Chilli Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 Cups of Frozen Corn
- 3 Cups of Frozen Peas
- 3 Medium Quartered Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp of Tabasco
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Chopped Parsley to Garnish (optional)
- Season chicken breasts with chilli powder and salt and pepper to liking and grill on the BBQ until fully cooked, roughly 15-20 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool slightly then chop into bite sized pieces
- In a large pan add frozen corn and peas and sauté for roughly 5 minutes until fully cooked, transfer to a large bowl
- Stir in apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, tabasco, salt and pepper to liking and then fold in tomatoes and chicken
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot or cold!