Made with Healthy Delicious Flavours
If you know me, you know my love for a good stuffed sweet potato runs deep! See my Pesto Chicken Asparagus Stuffed Sweet Potatoes for another flavour option! Always a winner in my opinion with tons of flavour combinations and such a satisfying and filling meal option. This time around I’m giving you a sun-dried tomato pesto, with spinach and feta. Healthy delicious Mediterranean flavours that make a wonderful weeknight dinner or meal prepped lunches for the week!
These stuffed sweet potatoes aren’t really heavy on the prepping side except for waiting for them to bake (I do intend to do an Instant Pot version soon to see if I can get the time down). But after a long super productive and busy weekend I did decide to save some time on this recipe by using store-bought sun-dried tomato pesto.
I love making pesto homemade to use throughout the week, and find it really simple, all you really need to do is throw the ingredients in a food processor and blend. I don’t mind buying store-bought from time to time either, simply because I find it’s one of the few sauces or condiments that’s made pretty much exactly the same as I would make it and I’m not suspicious of unwanted ingredients. If you have the time and ingredients to make your own, give it a go and make this whole recipe from scratch!
I used some big sweet potatoes for these stuffed sweet potatoes because my hubby can eat a whole one no problem but you could very well use 5 smaller sweet potatoes and have 5 lunches ready to go for the week as well.
Myself, I enjoy half of one with a little side salad to make a full meal as they are quite filling but it all depends on your appetite!
Now I hope these get you through your busy week like I know they’re going to help me with mine! It’s the last week of summer here and I have events, planning and prepping for a busy fall blog season and some seriously delicious new stuff coming this way soon!
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
These Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes make for the perfect healthy and easy weeknight meal or meal planned lunches for the week!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 3 Servings
- 3 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp of Melted Coconut Oil
- Coarse Sea Salt for Seasoning
- 3 Tsp of Butter (optional)
- 1 1/2 Cups of Shredded Chicken (Rotisserie Chicken)
- 3/4 Cup of Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- 1 Cup of Spinach Chopped
- 1/3 Cup of Crumbled Feta
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper
- Make sure sweet potatoes are washed well and dried, lay them on the baking sheet and brush with melted coconut oil to lightly coat, then season lightly with coarse sea salt
- Place sweet potatoes in the oven and allow to bake for roughly 45 minutes or until fully cooked (time may vary depending on the size of your sweet potatoes)
- In a medium pot, add shredded chicken, spinach and pesto over low heat to fully combine and heat slightly (5 minutes) but do not overheat or the pesto will dry up!
- Once potatoes are fully cooked, remove and cut down the middle, add butter if desired and split the chicken, pesto and spinach mixture between the 3 sweet potatoes
- Serve immediately with feta on top! Or allow to cool and store in an airtight container for later!