Super Easy and Read in 30 Minutes!
When two of your favourite treats combine! Pizza and jalapeño poppers with shredded chicken chicken on a thin crust. And a creamy sauce to help balance out the spiciness of the peppers. This delicious Thin Crust Chicken Jalapeño popper pizza is made with a store-bought crust and pre cooked shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken) to make this pie quick! 30 Minutes and you have the perfect treat for your Friday Netflix night!
I don’t know about you guys but once Friday evening rolls around, I want to get to the relaxing as soon as I can. We typically get our toddler fed and ready for bed, workout and then make whatever treat we’ve been craving throughout the week (usually pizza, lol) and then enjoy it watching a movie our whatever we’ve been binging on Netflix, just the two of us.
We usually end up making two different pizzas since our choice of toppings aren’t usually on par – he’s not really a fan for my never ending love of olives on pizza, HA! But this combo we had no issues with!
The combo of the cream cheese with the tomatillo salsa makes such a nice balance to the spicy jalapeños that levels out the heat nicely. Obviously not the healthiest of meals but I tried to keep in on the lighter side by using thin crust and it worked perfectly, no too heavy and a little more forgiving where the cheese isn’t!
Tips for Making This Recipe
- I tried to make this recipe as easy as possible by using a store-bought thin pizza crust. I went with one that was ready to cook. You could also buy a pre made dough as well like the ones we sometimes pick up from our local Italian Market
- I also usually always have shredded chicken and cooked bacon on hand since I prep it almost every week as an easy add to various dishes such as this but you can easily use rotisserie chicken for this dish or if you have the time, go ahead and bake and shred some chicken!
- When slicing your jalapeños, use a small pairing knife to remove the seeds, they are the really spicy part of the pepper and I find can be quite over powering to the flavour.
- When laying your ingredients on the pizza
- Add the cream cheese and tomatillo salsa first, spread evenly leaving just a bit of room at the edges
- Then the shredded chicken and bacon
- Add the jalapeños spread out evenly
- And the cheese to cover the entire pizza
- Cook the pizza until the cheese melts and starts to bubble, being mindful of the thin crust. You want it a little crispy but not overdone!
Thin Crust Chicken Jalapeño Popper Pizza
Thin Crust Chicken Jalapeno Popper Pizza, all of your favourite flavours from a classic appetizer on a thin crust pizza with chicken made in 30 minutes!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 Slices
- A Large Store-Bought Thin Pizza Crust
- 1 Cup of Shredded Chicken
- 2 Slices of Cooked Bacon Diced
- 1 Cup of Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup of Tomatillo Salsa
- 2 Jalapeños Thinly Sliced and Seeds Removed
- 1 1/2 Cups of Shredded Extra Old White Cheddar
- Preheat oven to 375F and place pizza crust on a pizza pan
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the cream cheese and tomatillo salsa until well combined
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the pizza crust, layer the shredded chicken next, followed by the jalapeño and bacon and spread shredded cheese evenly over top
- Place in the oven and cook for approx 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden brown and the crust is slightly crisped
- Remove from the oven, slice and enjoy!
Like this post? Share with your friends!