Turkey Peach Skewers with Chipotle Bourbon BBQ Sauce
Tender Turkey Skewers with Sweet Grilled Peaches and a homemade BBQ sauce made with chipotles and bourbon make for a delicious combinations of flavours just in time for grilling season!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 Large Turkey Breast Fillets, Sliced into strips
- 3-4 Peaches, halved and pits removed
- 2 Tbsp of butter, melted
- 1 Tsp of Honey
- 1 Tsp of Brown Sugar
- 1/8 Tsp of Vanilla Paste
Chipotle Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- 1 Cup of Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp of Tomato Paste
- 1 Small Chipotle Pepper, Canned + 1 Tbsp of Adobo Sauce from Can (this makes for a BBQ sauce with a little heat (You can use more or less to your preference)
- 1/4 Cup of Bourbon
- 1/4 Cup of Molasses
- 1/4 Cup of Honey
- 1/4 Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp of Worcestershire
- 1 Tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp of Onion Powder
- Preheat you grill to medium/high and using heat proof gloves & tongs, rub the grates with olive oil (make sure your BBQ has been cleaned and brushed off first)
- While your BBQ is heating, add all of the ingredients for the BBQ sauce to a small saucepan and allow to simmer until the sauce has slightly reduced and thickened. Stir occasionally so it does not burn on the bottom. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla and pour over the halved peaches to coat
- Then add your turkey strips to your skewers (if you’re not using metal, make sure to pre soak wood skewers in water prior to using to avoid catching fire on your grill) I like to fold the strips onto themselves to help cook them evenly
- Once the peaches and your turkey skewers are prepped, transfer them onto the grill keeping them separate from on another. I like to place the peaches inside down on the grill to get those nice grill marks.
- Allow to cook until internal temp of turkey reaches reads 165F and peaches are tender and juicy, turning the skewers over mid way.
- Using a brush, brush the sauce onto the skewers and allow to cook for another 2-3 minutes and flip, brush sauce on the other side and repeat.
- Remove the turkey skewers and the peaches from the grill and serve immediately
If you have extra BBQ sauce, store it in an air tight container or mason jar and keep it in the fridge to use on your grilling for the upcoming week!